Financial Analyst Intern
New York, New Jersey
First Data’s CFO organization, which includes the Finance, Accounting, and Strategy functions, supports our mission to drive client success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Finance teams align with our customer-facing teams to drive consistency, yet also have the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Finance owner-associates bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
Financial Analyst Interns prepare financial and business related reports and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, budgeting, costing, rate of return, depreciation, and working capital. Also prepare forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance, and general business conditions. Conduct and document complex financial analysis. Assist in the development of business policies, conduct special financial and business related studies and takes ownership of assigned coverage areas. Identify opportunities and solutions for process improvement within the scope of work.
- Maintains strong working relationships with business partners and internal departments.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of Management.
- Responsible for ensuring the execution/implementation of ad hoc projects as requested.
- May be responsible for financial systems development and administration.
- Provides guidance, planning and direction for internal partner's customer renewals and new customers and proactively allocates resources and time for functions they support.
- Works under supervision of a Finance Manager.