Gov Technical Consultant
Rancho Cordova, California
Position Description Overview
The Statewide Automated Welfare System, commonly referred to as SAWS, is California’s county-managed public assistance eligibility and enrollment system. It ensures more than 11 million people receive the assistance they need every day across the state. SAWS is the case management system for county eligibility staff providing CalWORKs, Welfare to Work, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, Foster Care, Refugee Assistance, County Medical Services Program, and General Assistance/General Relief to children, families and individuals in all 58 counties. SAWS supports eligibility determination, benefit calculation, benefit issuance, case management, and reporting. First Data is contracted to provide M&O Quality Assurance Services. The current need is for an experienced QA Technical Manager.
- Supporting the QA Project Manager in the effective execution of the QA project effort
- Relates to and works from business perspective in addition to technical perspective
- Utilizes and enforces consistent SDLC methodologies and standards
- Identifies and documents issues and recommends resolutions to client and project manager
- Identify, document, and assess technical issues and will support risk identification and mitigation
- Leading the development of the technical sections of the QA Work Plan, QA Monthly Status Reports, and overseeing the review and assessment of all technical-related deliverables
- Provides recommendations, lessons learned, and best practices related to system performance, network sizing, equipment acquisition and installation, site preparations, help desk, operational processes and procedures, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Identify, document, resolve, and/or escalate technical issues to the appropriate level and will be available to technically advise the Consortium
- Will attend and lead required project meetings and produce required status reports
- Ongoing monitoring and assessment of the Development Vendor's adherence to the contractually defined operational Service Level Agreements, including application transaction times (standard and exceptions), system availability, local and central repair times, application support response, security and disaster recovery
- Ongoing analysis of application maintenance technical issues, including system performance
- Responsibility for technical portions of all project deliverables, managing the technical portions of all M&O project deliverables and oversee the work of the Technical Team
- Performs lead role on technical task/deliverable development through client approval (e.g., change control board meeting, takes lead on alternatives analysis, network and program technical analysis and documentation)
- Leads First Data and client teams in developing required technical deliverables and work products
- Recommends strategies for technical aspects of projects
- Applies knowledge of how technology relates to the business, market and industry to support needs of clients
- Analyzes existing business systems applications and prepares reports with recommended improvements
- Applies multiple areas of technical expertise (e.g., data/information, application, security and/or infrastructure) to support in the development, assessment or review of a Technical Architecture and Technical Infrastructure
- Identifies and creates metrics to measure and report performance trends on various aspects of the SDLC and report to project management
Learn more about Fiserv\:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.